Tuesday 8 January 2013

Current Music Obsessions

I decided to do a post about the music that I'm currently obsessed with because I just read Lauren's blog post here about her monthly music favourites which has inspired me to do one. Truthfully, I've wanted to do a music post for a while now, but I'm never really sure what to write about the songs I like because I usually end up saying something like "I like this song because it's good/amazing/great". So I've tried to expand on these lame sentences and produce something a lot more detailed and interesting for you to read.

Ben Howard - Call Me Maybe

I first heard this cover about half an hour ago after reading a tweet about how amazing it was. I can't believe I've only just heard it! I never believed it would be possible for me to like this song - let alone become obsessed over it within half an hour - but Ben Howard is a talented man and definitely makes this song work. The best bit by far is from 03:03 - 03:43. The tempo increases, as does the volume, power and emotion...I could listen to those 40 seconds again and again and again!

Theme Park - Two Hours (Crossey Mix)

We all need that song to motivate and cheer us up every now and then, and for me, this song is it. To be honest, it just makes me want to stand up and dance to it! The tune is happy, catchy and fun. Who wouldn't want to listen to it?! I would just like to thank Spotify for letting me discover this wonderful song.

Angus and Julia Stone - Draw Your Swords

Now for something a little more slow and touching. This song is honestly so powerful. I love how Angus not only sings the lyrics, but feels the lyrics too. He pours his heart and soul into his singing and it literally gives me goosebumps. This song is haunting, spine tingling and brutally beautiful. I mean, the lyrics are just out of this world. It's very rare that you can find a song that captivates your entire attention for more than 6 minutes, but this one does it for me...every single time.

Imagine Dragons - Round and Round

I love Imagine Dragons. They're another band that produce positive beats and tunes that I obsess over. The meaning of the song is brilliant and the lyrics have an awesome moral to them. "You don't have to make it right, Just hold your head up high". How awesome is that message? Great song.

Lana Del Ray - National Anthem

Lana Del Ray is a lyrical genius, agreed? My sister gave me the 'Born To Die - The Paradise Edition' for Christmas and I can't stop listening to it! I couldn't decide which song of hers to post on here, but National Anthem is the song that first got me into Lana so I thought this only made sense to talk about it. I think this song has such an amazing meaning to it about modern day society and money being 'the anthem of success'. It's a controversial subject, but I recommend you to read other people's beliefs about the songs meaning here if you're interested and/or want further details.

I hope you enjoyed this post. Let me know if you liked it and would like to see more music posts sometime!


7 comments:

  1. Ben Howard's version of call me maybe is just divine! And Lana del rey...omg. We just have the best taste in music! I have never heard of Theme Park before, I am definitely going to give them a listen!xxx

    treetrunkslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! She's a babe hehe. For sure! Oh good :)

      Delete
  2. Love Lana, I was late on the band wagon, but her music is lovely. I love her clothing too!!

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have great taste in music! lana has been my favourite for 2012... i even bought the del rey mulberry bag

    clever marketing huh!


    im following you now so looking forward to seeing your future posts!

    would love if you checked mine out and followed back!


    www.sophie-lm.blogspot.co.uk

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in love with lana del rey, she is my life and inspiration! I also love a bit of Howard!
    Imogen <3
    www.eloquenceandflair.blogspot.co.uk
    ps, random fact, we have the same amount of followers, ehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I nominated you for a Liebster award, http://lovefromsammie.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/ive-got-award.html xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Lana Del Ray, her voice is beautiful

    Please come and check out my latest post if you have a few minutes spare :)

    www.fragile-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    Helen

    X

    ReplyDelete