Sunday 12 January 2014

Debenhams Winter Style Challenge

Debenhams have launched an exciting competition which involves creating a mood board (using clothes from their store) for two winter outfits. One has to be a stylish daytime outfit to keep you warm and cosy and the other outfit is a winter party look. Each outfit had to be below £250. If you win, you receive £500 of Debenhams vouchers and the two runners up will win a £50 voucher each. 

Winter daytime outfit

Coat - £44.50 || Top - £45 || Bag - £22.40 || Hat - £9.95 || Boots - £38.50 || Jeans - £19.20 || Mittens - £11.20 || Belt - £5
TOTAL = £195.75
I think this outfit is perfect for a day shopping or going for an afternoon walk. I fell in love with this tartan bag and paired it with this pretty coat in the same print. Peter pan collars are so adorable and change a plain, white tshirt into something a lot more stylish. How awesome are these boots?! They'd look great with a pair of black skinny jeans. I thought the mittons and beanie would keep you feeling warm and cosy on an afternoon walk. I love this casual but warm outfit and it's something I would definitely wear!

Ultimate party outfit

Skirt - £28 || Top - £14.99 || Shoes - £75 || Jacket - £50 || Lipstick - £15 || Clutch - £16
TOTAL = £198.99
I'm not exactly a party person and I don't really feel comfortable in wearing tight dresses or glittery tops. So I decided on making this outfit a little more on the casual side which would be perfect for a meal out or cocktails with the girls. This skirt is absolutely beautiful! I love how it's still a short, pretty skirt but the sheerness of it makes it completely original, ensuring you'd stand out from the crowd. I thought it would look awesome paired with some black heels, a dark lip and a jewelled clutch. I really like this textured top and the necklace just adds to its chicness. Evenings can be very chilly so I decided on incorporating this snug jacket into my look.

I realise there's a lot of black in these two looks, but dark colours are perfectly acceptable to wear in the colder months (or at least that's what I think!) Good luck to everyone else who's entered! You can read more about the competition here although its closing tomorrow!

Sophie x


3 comments:

  1. These are so cute.
    Absolutely love the party outfit.

    www.kindoflovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab outfits!

    Kelly x

    http://thebellelavieproject.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both outfits look great! I especially like the skirt and shoes on the second outfit. :)

    Ayla x
    www.alittlefawn.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete